Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Its amazing how busy.

The Tow Pound can be on a cold rainy November night. I did not plan on spending the remainder of my night at  the pound on 38th street and the river but sometimes things happen. It was a first date, and i was trying to make a decent impression i even wore a new sweater. I cheated through Face book and knew what she looked like, I'm sure she did the same. The night flowed, i wouldn't say there was chemistry, but she was into nonsense and nonsense is my specialty, It was pouring outside so i told her wait inside and ill get the car. I ran a block down to get the car, and NO car. There wasn't a car on the block- Soaking wet i come in and tell her i may have some bad news-There is no car. She looked at me confused what do you mean. I said either we got towed or the car got stolen. Hmmmmm After a few minutes I got through to 311 - The car is in the pound. The Million dollar question what to do? I was calm, didn't curse once, I said to her Options can sometimes be a good thing - you can either come with me to the pound or i can send you home in a cab. I wasn't aware till the next day there was a third option- I went outside to hail her a cab, i had to walk to the corner, cause they closed off the street, shes still inside unaware that no cars can come down- I felt like a Black Man trying to get a cab. cause no cabbie wanted to go to Brooklyn on a rainy night- I went back inside and said to her I don't mean to be a dick but not cabs can come down the block you're going to have to stand outside- I finally flagged down a cab got her in gave her $40 - to this day i am not sure if she had to shell out more money, i came up with that figure cause the last time i remembered taking a cab home from the city was Nov 1988 after the Dodge NIT and it cost $31-I tried remembering the license plate, and told her to please text me when she got home - she didn't seem to happy  but i thought i was doing the right thing. I took a cab to the Pound it was around 11:30- amazingly there was a line of 7 people with only one cashier working. on the line were two crack whores who wouldn't stop cursing the cops and city out, i think a Midwestern girl hysterical crying she didn't know what the city had in store for her- and some other peculiar characters-The girl got home which i was relieved that she did - and I got my car back at around 100 at night................Afterthought,and lessons to be learned  Option C was to go back with her to Brooklyn in the cab, and then come back to the city to pick up my car-That was supposedly what i was supposed to do according to "community protocol "- This girl was 29 years old I didn't think she was in danger at any part of the night even alone in a NYC cab. Make sure you carry cash or get cash before you go to the tow pound because they charge you like 7% in fees if you withdraw from the Tow pound ATM. I thought i ruined my sweater, but I've worn it again since.... Dinner $100, Cab to bklyn -$40?, Cab to the pound $7  Ticket and cost to redeem my car $385 -Cost me over $500 and I got NOTHING to add insult to injury my  reputation took a beating from this  also, I don't really care ----- definite no church on Sunday....................

No comments:

Post a Comment