Monday, November 15, 2010

Collecting Cans for.

a living is a grueling and humbling way to make Money, But I do have a lot of admiration for people that do that. I was walking out of my house and saw someone rummaging through the pales looking for cans, I tried giving her a couple of singles, but she adamantly refused it - I admired her pride for not wanting to take a hand out -There is a big debate In Israel regarding Govt Stipends for learning Torah- I am vociferously  against this as the program Because  A) Unfair to those who serve and then go on to University they get nothing  B) The Program is infiltrated by a good majority who just take advantage of the system and aren't qualified to Learn  C) Even if you do study there is no reason for you not to go to work- Plenty of people incorporate Work or Military Service with Learning D) They Hijack the Torah - There is a lot of resentment towards the "Hareedem " and even more so the Govt..........A good point was made to me as why its not lying  "when airport security asks you did someone give you something to take for them,and you answer them No when the really do give you something. The argument is there giving it you to keep so once they give it to you it belongs to you, trusting you to give it to the intended party, Very much like selling the Chametz, Special thanks to Norm Rubin....

No comments:

Post a Comment