Sunday, July 3, 2011

The "Ohel"

As it's known to many is the Burial site of the late Lubabvitch Rebbe Menachem Scheenerson. Thanks to a Friend of a friend whom became My friend, I have gone to pray there a few times. It's located Somewhere Near JFK airport and is open 24-7 where upon people come to Pray at the Rebbe's Site. She asked me about a month ago, to go and I always had it in my mind, but kept pushing it off (guilty conscience sucks ) I decided today would be a good day, I picked her up from Borough park, and  with her and an Unexpected Guest, A Sweaty, Hard of Hearing, Nosy, Nutty, Obnoxious, old Israeli  Ultra Orthodox woman. We immediately clicked - I kept shouting I'm Haradey- she had that annoying accented "huh" Then she laughed  and made fun of me in Hebrew. The Best was when she complained about the car  temperature.... We all got to the Ohel  I read the Psalms of the day - and prayed for some people, I didn't throw in a note in though. The ladies also said there prayers and were appreciative- The lady suggested Me and my Friend "April" get married - the reaction was a mutual Ha - She did Invite me to "Bnie Brak" the next time I'm In Israel; My new friend.............

No comments:

Post a Comment