Sunday, December 12, 2010

Legend has it that he used to write 100,

on his Math tests, to spare the teachers from writing it. They say gambling is meant for 0.005% of the Population. Unfortunately for me i don't fit that category- I have been an Unsuccessful games player, gambler since I started learning the ropes. The first time I went to OTB as a 15 year old kid with some friends we bet the right horse- but in an usually rare occurrence the other horse claimed foul and our horse was disqualified and we lost out on our $20 something pursue- That should have given me an indication to stop gambling......My good friend Abe, who was brilliant in Mathematics probably to a point if he applied his mind could have  been working for NASA or something. He worked his way up from playing $1 - $2 backgammon games in the cold at Washington Sq Park to the tables downtown- through clubs all over the city- Until he became one of the most feared and successful backgammon players in the world- as the Backgammon world was fading, Poker was born and not an overly skilled player at the time, He Studied and honed his skills into one of the worlds best. For the outsiders who will say he never won the world series, or a lot of tournaments, The main reasons to that is that he doesn't spend a lot of time playing in tournaments, but non the less he has a couple of WS bracelets to his name -http://www.pokerjunkie.com/2009-wsop-abe-mosseri-wins-event-55-2500-limit-deuce-to-seven-triple-draw and has been featured in High stakes poker the big game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO38W9c3kl8me........   I know Gambling is not for me also by the way cause i am definite the only person to ever lose money betting on Abe....

No comments:

Post a Comment