Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thank you, but

No Thank you....I was asked to be on Assistant on the JV Basketball team at a School Will call CHS. Not wanting to commit, I replied "I was asked by the coach to help out here and there", and Thanked them for the offer. In a Stunning twist of Event after the Game last night in which I sat on the bench for the first time in 7 years, The Coach was relieved of his duties, with that "it's not working out" Reasons. The Team lost pretty badly, and it left me wondering had the team performed better this game was that enough to save his Job; (wayne fontes style**) Doubtful. What was weird was that before the game the Athletic Director came over, very cordial and asked to see us after the game, which leads me to believe that the writing may have been on the wall before. For the record I support the coach, under all circumstances and despite not agreeing with him on everything would never undermine his coaching abilities and told him when i disagreed with him in the context of the game. I assured the coach that, although highly doubtful, I would never accept any coaching position - I Am No TODD BOZEMAN..............* correction I inadvertently put UN Partition date as 11-27 it should be 11-29 My apologies to the 3 readers

* Bozeman was an asst coach at cal who led a players revolt against the Coach Lou Campeneli during the early to mid 90s forcing him out ( the star player for cal at that time Jason Kidd)....
** Fontes used to coach the Detroit Lions in the 90s and every year the Lions used to win just eneough games to help save his job

No comments:

Post a Comment