Saturday, November 19, 2011

What the Hell,

is a "Street player" - the last time I coached Basketball at High School Level was 2002 season. I was hired at a local School to run the JV team. Full of Energy and Enthusiasm I whole heartily believed they would be  Winners. We had a great first practice and concluded it by cutting down the Nets at each end of the court ( Jimmy v style) to symbolize what our goals were. It was all down hill after that The Kids told me they don't adapt to a system Cause they Were "Street Players "- HUH??  this is the bottom of the barrel, the lowest of the low in the basketball caste system kids. We finished a miserable 0-11 and I equated them to the ARAB version of the Bad news Bears as most of them were Arabs. Thanks to them I did learn how to serenade in Arabic woman through the bus windows utilizing  classy phrases like " I love u, Kiss my ass or balls " etc, and improve my cursing at the officials as Arabic profanity towards the Refs was condoned.. The reason I brought up basketball is, I was asked to Help with a JV team, Of course I didn't say No ( cause i can't) but i deflected it until i assured a friend of mine I would try to "help" the team out. It's been 7 years since my last game and I haven't really studied in a while but with out commitment a promise is a promise............

No comments:

Post a Comment