Friday, January 6, 2012

You can tell a lot,

what people think about you, by the type of people they set you up.....I Introduced a girl that I know to a matchmaker Will call DB  upon seeing her was nothing but flattering " You're so pretty, Put together, terrific and if only my son was older blablabla". The compliments didn't stop and I thought  great. Fast Forward The girl called me and told me  Mrs DB tried  pushing this set up on me; again I'm thinking great.  and... Well the guy is five years younger than me  and a convert from an E. African country, very religious. Then she Said DB also tried to set me up with a guy who was about 22 years older than me ( I remember this cause i told her that in dog years it wasn't so bad, but as a joke of course).  Very Upset and Hurt she asked me "Why does she always try to set me up with misfits or people that don't match me  does she  think of me as a desperate Case or more powerfully put Second Class"? DB is no doubt a nice woman but  thinks because she is of  Ethiopian descent she will settle for anything, cause she either is not accepted or can't do better-It's not about her looks, She's had no problems getting guys - it's about the question weather shes a real Jew or Not- and that whole element of Prejudice in the ultra orthodox world Stinks.The Headlines in Israel were dominated by discrimination - either Haredeim against Woman, A soldier with a Kippa refused entry to a club, and discrimination  against Ethiopians in Kiryat Malachi ( Thanks to ML for article) Goaal Nefesh ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment