Wednesday, October 23, 2013

On my way



   to Tel Aviv to meet up My Danish FB friend, One of the giants of backgammon; Falafel called me to see what i was up to. We met up at his barber shop and then walked to meet DDG( Danish design girl) I was perhaps thinking of setting up a shidduch as I am found myself TO RELIGIOUS for her. Their was no love connection but we all bonded over backgammon and stories of failed relationships....30 Years to the Beirut  Marine barrack bombing 241 marines were killed in the carnage by Hezbollah......Visiting Mount Herzl Military cemetery in Jerusalem and reading the headstones of all those who were killed defending and fighting for the Jewish State was Humbling and inspiring. The Tombs of Yoni Netnayhaou the commander at Entebbe and David "Dado" Elazar the brilliant chief of staff that prevented the destruction of the Third Temple during the Yom Kippur are side by side both died roughly six weeks apart in 1976.........
 

No comments:

Post a Comment