Monday, April 23, 2012

The Holy city ?

I left late, that is late for me, to Syrian Jewry second holiest city, I still wind up getting there over 30 minutes early for our Scheduled 7:30 date. A Text comes through is "is 8-8:15 OK? if not i understand"- It's a good thing there are no expression icons on texts i replied Sure Ill hang out with the Akinator no problem. She replied I'll try to Hurry- take as much time as you need- I didn't really care at this point. Not all familiar with the Holy city, i made several trips to the local 7-11. Sitting in front of her house for about 10 minutes  i was fortunate to meet the parents, who couldn't have been nicer, i was going to ask them to use the restroom But felt awkward . Su came outside, i put her valise in the car, Only 45 minutes late this time, Unsure of her Mood I asked if she wanted to go back to Brooklyn - she answered the question with the same question -  we cleared it up and headed for Sushi in Red Bank, NJ. Thanks to the "NOSH"* i ate at 7-11 I didn't mind Sushi, cause I wasn't really hungry. Past relationships, Mutual friends, and Future was  at the forefront of the the conversation, and she did have a lot of interesting stories to share. Three things I probably would never learn, how to make my bed, how to make a Tie, and chopsticks, I struggled mightily ( she tried to help) with them and was granted a pass to eat with my hands.  Conversation continued to flow on the long ride home, mostly fun, A great tip she gave me - Put Jelly Rings in the Freezer. " Be In Touch "- Church on Sunday.........

No comments:

Post a Comment