Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thirty Years ago,



        in Munich Germany, The Beautiful Israeli Singer of Yemenite Origin ( not only people  like Boaz come from yemen)  Ofra Haza took center stage and proudly Sang to the world at Eurovision  "Chai"- Alive "Am Ysrael Chai "The Nation of Israel Lives", to a rousing ovation. In her words "I simply wanted to give pride to the nation when ill be there and sing out to the  world "Am Ysrael Chai" we are here on the map and we are here to stay". As Zionists Israelis celebrate it's 65th birthday makes me wonder if a moment like that will ever come again. She came in Second..........In the Zionist Prayer book I purchased in Hebron (Ashkenaz edition) They make a lot of additions, but was surprised to see they Exclude "Yaale Ve Yavo" Hallel is recited fully with a blessing. Makes me wonder if Harav Shlomo Goren would have approved. Not being of the very religious nature makes me indifferent to how prayers are conducted , but tend to side with the old timers that claim that adding prayers can set up a bad precedent.... I pass  on any celebrations not as a protest of the NEW ISRAEL, but more so to the fact that Just as I go to Israel, I don't feel at Home, The Celebrations Belong to the Zionists and contributors, Some compare it to Jumping on the Bandwagon, Suddenly becoming a Miami Heat fan overnight, With out remembering the 15 win seasons and guys like Ronny Siekly Sylvester Gray, John Shasky and the Alan Ogg melach habashan.......




No comments:

Post a Comment