Monday, February 9, 2015

Sad to Hear




              about the passing of Legendary NC Coach and Humanitarian  Dean Smith. Fortunate enough to meet the Coach at ABCD basketball camp in Teanack NJ in 1996, He couldn't have been more friendly and cordial, He asked Some general questions,Introduced me to coach Guthridge  posed for some disposable camera photos, and signed my Dollar ala Lubabavitcher Rebbe Style. Unfortunately  as a Young Kid Trying to hook up, I foolishly mailed the dollar to a young co-ed, whom I have not heard from back ever since. The legend did Send me back the photo with the caption "Best Wishes, Gideon  Dean Smith ".  Coach Smith was known for Never underestimating opponents, Even when Favored by 30 or 40 points, always cautioning the media how dangerous a Unc Asheville or Winston Salem  team can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment