Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Nothing


can be more discouraging than to be told  " you look like crap"  fifteen minutes prior to a blind date. Desperately needing  the bathroom (#1), I stopped at a favorite Customers of mine on 86th street. Unshaven and looking a Little disheveled ( perhaps i always do) the friendly store staff asked me what i was doing here and why do i look like crap.  Confidence less and On my way to meet a date on 89th street. Early as usual, i was the first patron at the lounge that resembled a scene from a Charles Dickens Novel, The Creaking Floors, Old long mirrors, Odd paintings and the high velvet red couches. As she entered she couldn't miss me, though i kind of wish she did, didn't matter that i looked like crap, now i felt like that too. We went through about an hours conversation that made 0.0 sense, with exception to me telling her the reason i admire my father is that he can make #2 anywhere. The highlight of the night was me going to the bathroom to check out my seven new tinder matches, she probably was checking her new matches as well. She thanked me for walking her home, I thanked her for walking. Perhaps a few more drinks would have garnered me an invitation upstairs, but i never drink and drive and she was probably thinking the same......


No comments:

Post a Comment