Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Jewish Valentine



    Day Party also known as TU Be AV party,  brings out a pretty large crowd of singles at Boat Basin on the upper west side. Coaxed by a friend to go, I tried recruiting a couple of other friends with out success. As a consolation  prize i got to drive two of  her friends, who are not amongst my favorite. As the designated driver, I was forced into drinking Flat club Soda, Seemed right for the very Jewish Party. The Theme was white, and for Sweating purposes I wore dark's. It was overtly hot, Muggy, and loud and many in the crowd were acting , as if they were too cool to be there. I did run into some old friends and actually had a helpful conversation with the lone Shiksa who just happened to be there. Ready to leave and really needing to relieve myself the obnoxious friends via the law of contra positive, Were especially Douchy, and over twenty minutes late. Their conversation on the ride home was torturous, but i had my own issues to worry about though occasionally chimed in
 under my breath " stupid any time a guy is much younger than you, he's looking to get laid". Their were no accidents and by the grace of G0d  I made it with little time to spare. As it turns out All my friends were right. The Real ones for not attending and the obnoxious one's for finding a sucker to drive them. As for me Tu Be Av felt a lot more like  Tisha Be Av, but one who sees the cup not half empty or half full, but rather spillith over at least I made it..........



No comments:

Post a Comment