Sunday, April 9, 2017

Well The Sign


  Says that Anyone, whom in the past 24 Hours was...... Pulled over by Highway Patrol at 1130 at night on Suspicion of DWI, only to breathe in instead of out while the Breathalyzer was being administered, Much to the Officers Dismay, I finally got it right and Passed with flying colors,no Summons issued......Completely oblivious, I backed into a waiting car of an Asian Physician, hearing the crackle of the cars, Sounded a lot worse than any Damage incurred, But a lot better than the Scolding and reprimand of the old Physician. Apologizing Profusely, and offering to pay for any damage, he angrily declined and continued Hysterically Telling me to learn how to drive......Safely Jaywalking across Ocean parkway, later that night, It never occurred to me that it was the bicycles I would need to worry about. Walking gingerly to cross from the Bike lane. " WATCH OUT"  As the speeding cyclist Plowed into me, Knocking me out. The only thing going through my mind was  The Hefty Insurance Deductible ( i think its $8900) I would have to meet, if anything was broken, By the Grace of my lord and savior except for some Pain to my Hip and elbow, I was Basically Fine. Besides some Damage to the Bike, the irritated  cyclist was OK. I Probably Should have offered to pay for some of the damages to the bike,but my head was elsewhere as i stumbled the remaining 100 Yards home...... Did Someone Pray bad for me, Maybe just plain ole Bad luck,  Perhaps I am Especially fortunate that a lot worse could of happened, and I should be Grateful to the Good Lord for Redeeming me...... Like the Great Al McGuire once Said " The Only mystery in life is Why the Kamikaze Pilots Wore Helmets"............


No comments:

Post a Comment